
The bible tells us that the "tongue" can be a dangerous thing (James 3:6). Though everything that comes up shouldn't come out; should the same apply for statements derived from the truth? On the hills of the Professor Gates arrest (in his home), President Obama made what many perceive as a controversial statement by labeling the Cambridge police department's actions as "stupid".
Personally, I saw nothing wrong with him expressing his beliefs and defining their actions accordingly. As an African American woman, I've seen racism first hand and won't hesitate to acknowledge it's existence. Every minute of everyday people are targeted because of their hue. Yet the topic continues to be taboo and constantly swept under the rug!
Standing on the shoulders of those who came before us, it's unacceptable to continue turning a blind eye to what continues to occur. It's mind boggling to me how individuals can blatantly disrespect and dehumanize my people and walk away scot-free as if nothing ever happened. But what's more disturbing to me is how the President can then apologize for acknowledging such mistreatment and is viewed as having "overstepping his boundaries" so to speak. Well I'll be damned...I guess even as the leader of the free world you are still powerless if you're Black In America.......
Sincerely,
Black & Pissed N America



No comments:
Post a Comment