So often many of us (especially me) are guilty of being ungrateful in the moment. I say this because I find myself always worrying about what is to come instead of realizing that all of my needs are currently being met.
I am a person whose mind constantly races and I constantly think about what is to come. For example, I remember moving into my first apartment and on the first day wondering what I was going to do once my lease was up. Another example would be when I began my graduate degree my immediate thought was what I would pursue for post graduate work.....
I've realized that I am a person who always likes to be in control and "ready" for whatever. But if its one thing that I have learned in the past year it's that I'm not in control no matter how hard I try.
One thing I know for sure is that I need to simply surrender and trust the process. Though I may not always understand what is going on and why. I know and believe that God has a plan for my life. And while I'm investing time in worrying about what that process will entail I'm missing out on the many opportunities and precious moments surrounding me.
Friday, June 5, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



this sounds a lot like myself, always needing to map out my path for the future. But as of late i have just given it all up to the lord to do with my future what he needs to. The reality is we have no control of our future we can just contribute
ReplyDeleteoh and how long have you been natural i love your hair!
ReplyDeleteJewerly for a great price Here : http://linzmary.blogspot.com !!!!
ReplyDeletelove the profile pic!