Thursday, July 9, 2009

BootyLicious

Ok its time for me to get my body moving again. I've done pretty well getting back on track with my dietary routine....well scratch that, lifestyle change. This week I have really focused on limiting the amount of sugar and starch that enters my body. However, getting my water in has been a challenge in itself, but I'm focusing on easier ways to incorporate H2O to make the process better.

I'm also trying something new this week. My belly dancing video finally arrived..YAY! I'm so excited. I tried a belly dancing class once at the Y and boy was I in for a surprise. Being a woman of "color" the art of dance comes easily to me, however; during that class it was confirmed that not everyone is born with the gift of rhythm....Yep I said it. Anyway, the class was not really what I expected, and it didn't move as fast as I hoped it would. So I decided to try it at home with the help of a video and my own personal soundtrack. I'm hoping it will be something fun to add to my regular exercise regimen, and as an added incentive I'm setting a goal of a 10lb weight loss before I can purchase my hip scarf.

This year I vowed to try something new every month. Lately, I've just limited that resolution to only new fruits and vegetables. However, I think I'm going to try it in other aspects of my life as well. On the list of physical activities I'd like to work into my future endeavours are horseback riding, golf and paintball.

Anyway.....I'm on my way....Look out "King" magazine...(yea right) I'm more of an "Essence" woman....4SHO

No comments:

Post a Comment